Are you looking for proper information about neutering in Dubai?
Do you search for the cost of neutering surgery in UAE?
Before these, we suggest reading this article
Neutering is the surgical sterilization of dogs and cats that prevents them from breeding. It is a recommended procedure for most dogs and cats not intended for breeding purposes. Males undergo a castration which is the removal of both testicles from beneath the skin. Females undergo a spay which requires abdominal surgery to remove the uterus. Due to the nature of this surgery, this procedure cannot be reversed.
The benefits of neutering include:
- Prevention of unwanted litter
- Health benefits for females such as the decreased chance of womb infections and breast cancer
- Health benefits for males such as reduced prostate disease, testicular cancer, and perianal tumors
- Behavioral benefits such as reducing spraying, marking, and fighting (if castration occurs before the onset of these behaviors)
- Prevention of hormonal changes that can interfere with the medical management of pets with diabetes or epilepsy
What is the ideal age to neuter my pet?
There is no ideal age for neutering, and research now suggests that some breeds shouldn’t be neutered at all. Each pet should have a medical assessment before undergoing the procedure to ensure they are healthy and to minimize the risks of the surgery. Your pet can be neutered from 6 months onwards as their vaccination series is usually completed and the risks associated with anesthetic are greatly reduced. For larger dogs that haven't fully developed yet or puppies showing some behavior issues, it is best to allow more time before neutering in order to prevent other issues in the future. We assess every patient on a case-by-case basis as not all dogs are the same, our pre-surgery checks are free of charge and will allow time for the doctor to examine your pet and give you more information on whether neutering is in your pet’s best interest. What are you waiting for? Give us a call, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have!
Please note, that due to health and safety reasons, our daycare and boarding facility has its own rules and regulations against non-neutered pets.
For more information please book a consultation:
Receive our latest updates and news straight to your inbox